RULES AND REGULATONS
4 BEARS 8BALL CLASSIC TOURNAMENT RULES
GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP WILL BE PRACTICED AT ALL TIMES.
1. You are responsible for knowing the rules, rulings, regulations, and schedules that pertain to any
event you enter. You are also responsible for cooperating with all referees and event officials.
2. Event referee rulings are final.
3. You may not wear any electronic headgear, use any electronic device, or voluntarily impede your
hearing during a match. Examples include, but are not limited to: a. Use of headphones, earphones, or
earplugs of any kind, including Bluetooth accessories, whether turned on or not. Hearing aids are
4. Use of cell phones, smart phones, pagers, or music devices. Cell phones may be worn on the belt or
kept in pockets, but may not be accessed for conversations at any time during a match by a players, or
during your game.
5. Start Time of Match The start time for your match is the scheduled time or the time the match is
announced, whichever is later. If you are not present at the table with your equipment within the time
allowed by Tournament Administrators, (15 minutes) you lose the match by forfeit.
6. Playing Without a Referee When a referee is not available, the Tournament Director or designated
event official will fulfill the duties of the referee.
7. Stopping Play You may stop play to request the assistance of a referee if you believe that a foul may
occur or has occurred, or if you need information concerning the rules. If you desire to stop play, you must
notify your opponent and your opponent must acknowledge your request
8. Coaching . During your match, it is a foul if you ask for, or intentionally receive, assistance in planning
or executing any shot. 2. It is a foul if you receive unsolicited assistance from a spectator associated with
you (e.g., spouse/partner, relative, teammate). “Assistance” includes being alerted to an opponent’s foul.
3. If you are not aware of an opponent’s foul, and you are alerted to the foul by unsolicited information from
a spectator not associated with you, the foul is not enforceable but you do not incur any additional penalty.
Rules and Regulations may be changed by committee prior to event, please check with or ask
committee for official copy of the rules prior to start of event.
9 Ball Rules
1. OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RACKS MUST BE USED AND WILL BE PROVIDED
2. ONE BALL IN FRONT , 9BALL IN MIDDLE, 2 BALL IN THE BACK
3. 9BALL DOES NOT COUNT IN BOTTOM 2 CORNERS
4. 3 FOUL RULE IS IN EFFECT
5. NO PATTERN RACKING
6. ONE 5 MINUTE BREAK PER PLAYER , PER MATCH.
8 Ball Rules
1. OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RACKS MUST BE USED AND WILL BE PROVIDED.
2. ONE 5 MINUTE BREAK PER PLAYER , PER MATCH.
3. BCA RULES,
4. ALTERNATE BREAK
5. NO PATTERN RACKING ( REF MUST BE CALLED TO TABLE AND WILL MONITOR GAMES)
REF MAY ENFORCE THE FOLLOWING:
A. 1ST OFFENSE= WARNING
B. 2ND OFFENSE= FOUL
C. 3RD OFFENSE=LOSE OF MATCH
HAVE FUN, GOOD SPORTMANSHIP WILL BE PRACTICED AT ALL TIME.
TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE ALL AND ANY RULES AND OR
REGULATIONS AT ANYTIME.